- A Trial Helicopter Lesson is perfect for finding out more about helicopter flying
- A genuine lesson within the approved flight training syllabus, which means it is counted towards your Licence. If you then want to go ahead and learn, we have already taken the first step.
- The preflight briefing length is roughly half an hour.
- Choose from 30 minute, 45 minute or 60 minute flights.
- After your flight you will be given a Pilot’s Log Book to legally log your flight. A member of the team will also be available should you wish to discuss gaining your Pilot’s Licence.
- The Trial Lesson is a combination of a few of the early exercises in learning to fly helicopters, consisting of a ground briefing on a few safety points, an ‘air experience’ and the ‘effects of controls’ exercise.
- Essentially this means that in addition to your Instructor demonstrating a number of the basic manoeuvres required to gain your licence, you will also be briefed to take full control of the aircraft and begin to use each control to gain an understanding of how helicopters actually fly.
- You will be flying the helicopter yourself. Alongside is your instructor coaching you, with full dual controls.
- These early stages are the most important. A proper understanding of the basics forms a solid foundation to build upon when trying to create a fully competent and safe Helicopter Pilot.
- After your flight you will be given a Pilot’s Log Book to legally log your flight time. A member of the Yorkshire Helicopters team will also be available to answer all those questions you’re bound to have about gaining your Pilot’s Licence.
Limitations for this flight:
Maximum Weight is 20 stone.
Subject to weight it may be possible to bring 2 passengers who can come along for the ride.
Minimum Age is 13 years to reasonably assure that the candidate can reach all of the controls however this is a height rather than an age issue, so please feel free to contact us.